Triple sifted Jamila Henna Powder is the workhorse of the henna industry. It gives reliable stains and won't clog your applicators. It can also be used to color hair and for art projects.
Mixing instructions for body art:
1. Mix 100g henna powder with 4 tablespoons of sugar and 7 ounces of lemon juice.
2. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 12 hours.
3. Add 4-5 teaspoons (20ml-25ml) of essential oils (lavender or Amerikan Body Art Signature Blend)
4. Cover and let sit for another 12 hours.
5. You can add another ounce or so of lemon juice if you need to thin the paste to the appropriate consistency.
6. Strain* and freeze, or use it when you are ready. *Straining henna paste is optional as Jamila henna powder is triple sifted.
This recipe makes enough henna paste to fill about 2-1/2 of our 4oz squeeze bottles. Each 4oz squeeze bottle has enough henna paste for over 100 small henna designs.